Monday, April 1, 2013

An Adventure in Daily Painting

Today's Project...

As I celebrate my birthday this Friday, I decided I wanted to mark my 45th year with some artistic endeavor.  Coincidently, Kelley MacDonald was offering a class entitled "The Merits and Pleasure of Daily Painting" at the Providence Art Club.  The practice is to do a small painting every day.  It is a time to try new subjects, materials and techniques while working on color, composition and speed.  The goal is to complete the painting in about an hour.  Today was the first class.  The sketches were completed in 10 minutes each (very humbling) and the finished 5x7 was done in an hour.  I am hooked!  So I will do my best to post each day's image as I embark on this new year of my life.  Happy Spring!!!

Candy Pair, 4x6 Acrylic

10 minute studies

No comments: