Friday, April 12, 2013

An Adventure in Daily Painting

Where I have been this past week...

The last time I posted, I was about to celebrate my birthday, and then my son's Confirmation, and what I didn't know was I was about to hit hit hard with the flu!  Well all is back to normal and I am posting some projects that I finished up in the crazy week I survived.  Back to daily posting today!  Have a beautiful weekend.

Swedish Fish daily painting

Swedish Fish, 5x7 Acrylic on board 
10 minute studies


An imaginative landscape based on a photo of a small brook (it was a special request by my sister.)

Dianne's View, 6x12 Acrylic on Board


Some artistic repair work in a 1920's home in Providence after a water leak flooded 3 floors of the home.  The sandstone mantle is decorative and suffering from years of neglect by the prior owners.  I patched the cracks with a textured product and then painted it to appear as mortar.  The plaster ceiling vaults have been patched and touched up no less than 5 times over the years, so my job was to seal the baking soda consistency of the damaged areas and blend the old touch ups.

Before

After

Before


After



1 comment:

Cheryl Kirk Noll said...

You are a wonder, Christine.